I am still working like crazy to get my Christmas cards finished.....so my blog posts have been focusing on simple cards (because simple is the only way to get them all done in time this year).
Here's my card:
This card is actually for my nephew. I am going to tuck in a gift card for him to open on Christmas day.
When I first saw this sketch, I immediately pictured a "buckle card". See the red strip. That slides in and out of the slot created with the Modern Label punch to close the card.
Here are some of the details:
- the base card is Not Quite Navy cardstock
- the flocked patterned paper is lightly sponged with Close to Cocoa ink to show off the snowflake. The edges are also lightly sponged.
- before adhering the patterned paper to the More Mustard mat, I wrapped some Chocolate Chip wide grosgrain ribbon and tied it into a classic knot.
- the walrus (from Cold & Cuddly stamp set) is inked with Chocolate Chip ink. I dotted his eyes with a Chocolate Chip marker. The walrus is punched with the 1 1/4" circle punch.
- I inked the hat with Real Red and Not Quite Navy markers and stamped on a scrap of Whisper White. I cut it out and glued to his head.
- the sentiment is stamped in Chocolate Chip ink and punched with the Curly Label punch.
- to finish the card, I sprayed it with Shimmer Mist that I made with rubbing alcohol and Frost White Shimmer Paint.
Oh well, back to the card making!!!!
Happy Holidays everyone!!!